DURATION: 2 days/13 hours
PRE-REQUISITES: Body Massage Diploma, Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
This course is intended for anyone who has already undertaken a basic body massage course :-
- and would like to extend their treatment range to include deep colon massage
- and would like to refresh their knowledge in this area and offer more energising treatments
- and would like to further their knowledge of the digestive conditions that may lead clients to book a treatment, with self help measures that they can suggest
- to develop your understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be a successful massage therapist in relation to the client who has bowel related issues.
- to extend your knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the digestive system
- to understand the physical and mental health benefits of massage therapy for the client with a bowel condition
- to familiarise yourself with colon massage and the techniques used
- to develop an understanding of the client with a stoma
- to identify any issues with postural alignment that may be affecting the client’s digestive health
Theory assessment – 50 points
Practical Assessment – 16 points
When the theory and practical points are added together, a percentage is then taken. The overall pass mark must exceed 70%.