Holistic Massage Course
This Holistic Body Massage Level 3 qualification training course is comprehensive in both practical & theory elements. The course is open to anyone who wishes to gain an accredited diploma in massage, either for personal or business use.
You will learn the benefits & techniques of body massage, understanding how to support your client through touch and ensuring you are working ethically and safely.
This course not only teaches you the basic techniques to be able to offer a full body massage; additional techniques are shared, giving you as a practitioner a twist of uniqueness!
All of theory is completed online with a combination of videos and handouts, this can be completed prior to attending any of the practical sessions or you can complete alongside the practical weekends.
The practical sessions are held over 4 weekends, with the final examination being held once all of the theory, case studies, and written assignments have been submitted.
Completion Time of Case Studies & Assessments
You are required to complete your 18 case studies & written assignment before attending the final weekend for your practical examination.
Upon completion of all modules and assessments, you will receive an Accredited Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage.
During the course you will cover the following via online learning:
- Anatomy, Physiology, & Pathology
- Business & Management
- Health & Safety
- Massage Techniques Explained
- What is Holistic Massage?
- Benefits of Massage
- History of Massage
- Self-Care for Massage therapists
- Preparation: Therapist, Client & Treatment Room
- Client consultations
- After Care Advice
- Mediums to use
- Code of Ethics & legal obligations
Practical Sessions will include:
- Preparation for treatment
- Full range of practical massage techniques and how to apply to each body area
- Pulsing technique
- Rebozo technique
- Basic Reflexology techniques
- Movement in massage
- Introduction to energy work as a therapist
Breakdown of the Practical sessions
- Grounding and connecting to your client
- Body Position of Therapist
- Effleurage: Gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips
- Petrissage: Kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingers
- Friction: Circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingers
- Vibration: Oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body
- Percussion: Brisk hacking or tapping
- Passive and active movements: Bending and stretching
- Rebozo techniques – movement and wrapping
- Pulsing techniques – movement & fluidity
- Application to the Back
- Application to the Arms
- Application to the Legs
- Application to the Head & Neck
- Application to the Abdomen
- Application to the Chest
- Application to the Hands
- Application to the Feet including basic reflexology techniques
- Preparation of the treatment area
- “Restoring the Soul”